Saturday, November 6, 2010

Wicked Boston!

I really wanted to see Boston when I went to the east. I didn't really know anyone in Boston, so I put it out of Facebook to find someone to stay with. Turns out Mel lives in Boston. I worked with Mel in New York at Starbucks ( big shock, I know). I was a little nervous for 2 reasons, 1) I didn't want to drive in Boston. 2) I didn't really know Mel that well and had never hung out with her one on one. She is pretty scary being all petite, blond and perky.

* Finding somewhere to park in Boston with Mel.

* having her parallel park Molly's car on the left side of the road. I had never done that on the left side before.

* Walking her to work and hanging out on Newbury Street all evening.

* Reading in Boston Common.

* Dinner at Joe's American Bar

* Walking Mel to work again.

* Walking down to the Harbor.

* Going on the Self guided tour I downloaded to my Ipod. It was totally cool, You put your headphone on and it tells you where to start and where to go and tells you the history of Boston harbor.

* Not being able to finish my self guided tour due to rain and blistered feet.

* Having lunch with Mel.

* Buying a totally cute dress at H&M.

* Buying 2 more books.

* Walked around Fenway Park. Mel lives right next door!

* Meeting Mel for Drinks when she got out of work early.

* Realizing how much I like Mel.

When I left Boston I was sad we hadn't gotten to know each other sooner. Aside form my blistered feet, I had a fabulous time. Back to Amagansett!

No comments: