Saturday, November 6, 2010

Really?!? I'm just sayin...

In case you are wondering, you have to take a ferry from Long Island in order to get to Rhode Island. Being from Oregon I wasn't too familiar with Ferries. I got to the ferry early and found out I ordered my tickets backwards. I ordered my first trip from RI to NY not NY to RI. Smart! Luckily they didn't care and let me on anyway.

* When I got to RI I put the top down and turned up the JayZ and took off for Jan's. It was fabulous!

* I got to Jan's and shortly after Julia showed up. Jan is my Manager from Starbucks in Hyde Park and Julia was the Assistant. We had so much fun in Hyde Park, It was great to spend time with both of them.

* Picked up Jan's daughter Sammie from Camp.

* Pete (Jan's Husband) cooked us up a great dinner!

* Stayed up talking and listening to music.

* Delicious blueberry pancakes for breakfast.

* Laying on the beach and trying to play in the water. I don't really know how to play in the ocean since The Pacific is so darn cold!

* Totally sunburned the backs of my legs.

* Having dinner and shopping in Newport. Julia and I both ordering the Fisherman Platter and having enough for for 4 people.

* Was slightly devastated that Rhode Island doesn't have a Starbucks mug.

* Complained about Starbucks, we just couldn't help ourselves!

* Laying on the beach again.

* Watching the Life Guards save stupid people. It was totally Baywatch!

* Going out for drinks and having them try to find me a man.

* Dancing with Jan to Tupac's California Love.

* Having a lazy last morning with Jan and Pete.

* realizing I was sick of traveling.

I really miss the Starbucks I used to work at in New York. It was great to see Jan and Julia and get to spend so much time with them. Next stop...Boston. Wicked!

No comments: