Thursday, July 16, 2009

Jimmy who?

Well, to give you a little back story Tori and I have this creepy mailman. I guess he isn't so much creepy as he is weird. We think this because a couple of months back Tori and her friend Amanda (not me) were leaving the house when the mailman was walking up to the door. When he passed by he said "hi, Amanda" , her friend didn't know who he was and so we assume he was talking to Tori. The weird part is that Tori lived in this house a good 3-4 months before I moved in and had the same mailman who she had talked with. He always stops her and chats it up or whatever, he also stomps all the way up the porch and wakes up Murphy who practically breaks the window to get to him. He's just all around different!
Well today I came home from work to find a note in our mailbox. This note is a, Sorry we missed you notice that on the back says Jimmy a phone number and a message that says Tell him you're friends with Ray mailman. My first question was Ray mailman? wouldn't that be ironic if our mailman's last name was actually Mailman! I looked around to see if any boxes were checked, but then realized I was suppose to call Jimmy. I almost left the note for Tori but then thought well I suppose it could be for me. So, I call Jimmy and this how the conversation went:

Jimmy: Hello

Me: Hi is this Jimmy?

J: Yes

Me: Hi, my name is Amanda and I received a note in my mailbox today with this number on it and a message that said to tell you that I am friends with Ray the Mailman.

J: OK....(silence)

Me: That's all I got Man, I don't know anything else.

J: you got the note in your mailbox?

Me: Yeah

J: Um, your kind of mailbox was too small for your package, Just give me sometime to go get it. OK?

Me: sure

I am pretty sure that is what he said, he spoke with a thick accent that lead me to believe he is Asian of some sort and I couldn't really understand him. So, now I am sitting at home waiting for Jimmy. I am not too sure what is going on, I didn't think it was customary for the Mailman to take home your package or leave it with someone other then your neighbor but maybe this Jimmy guy is also a mailman. But it is almost 6pm and I thought they would be done with work by now. Not sure about the whole situation.
No worries, I will post what happens.

1 comment:

Mel G. said...

OK, that was around 5:30. It's now after 7. So, where's Jimmy, the package, what's in it and why are you talking to strangers? Didn't your mother teach you not to do that? Keep us posted!