Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Not too much has gone on lately. My friend Hannah N. came down from Yakima for my other friend Hannah B's daughter Grace's birthday (did you follow that?). So, I went out to Hannah B's house where she was staying and hung out all weekend. They were having a party for Grace and we made vegan chocolate cupcakes since Grace can't have eggs. They turned out good, I make them all the time at work so I knew they would turn out. I even got to spend some one on one time with Hannah N. and her son Emmett, which I never get to do! We are all really excited when Hannah N. comes to visit since we don't get to see her too often.
Here is a picture of Grace and her cupcakes!



I got to drive around a fun SUV for about a week when they were fixing my car. That was fun until I ran out of money putting gas in it! They did a really good job putting my car back together, although I had to give up the fun SUV I was happy to get my car back.
Last weekend I made a sheet cake for my Aunt Pat. She was having her highschool reunion at her house and wanted a cake. She was happy with the cake. I was too, but I always hate my handwriting. Here is a picture of that.



This last week, I took Tori to the Airport, so it's been just me and The Man (The Man being Murphy). I needed to take murphy to the vet again. His ears are still infected, we may have even stumped the vet. He took a good 5 mins trying to decide what to give him that he hasn't already had. So we came home from the vet with 2 different ear drops and one Antibiotic for him to take.

For the 4th I just stayed home. I walked down to our Farmer's Market which is about 10 blocks away and bought some basil, tomatoes and squash. I came home and made 12 mini pizzas. My friend Hannah B. makes mini pizzas and they are always so good! so I decided to make some and freeze my extras. So, yesterday I made some pesto, and put together a couple of different kinds of pizza. I used the Trader Joe's pizza crust , the whole wheat and garlic herb crusts. I ended up going back to Trader Joe's to get more crust because I had extra toppings. They are really good and now Tori and I will have pizza when ever we want! After the pizza was made I went to the gym, the 4th of July is the best day to go there were maybe 20 people there. Which was nice! I was really proud of myself because I showered at the gym! They have individual stalls, but they are just a shower. I think they should be set up like camping showers, where you have a little changing room and then the shower area. I am not the person that walks around the locker room naked, I would prefer that there was room to set my stuff. Since Tori and I have been trying to cut back on water I thought I would try showering there, just so I don't take 2 showers at home.

The most exciting news of the week was when my sister called me on Thursday. She and my brother in law have been trying to adopt from Ethiopia and have been waiting to find out if there is a baby for them. On Thursday she got the call that a 2 1/2 month old baby girl is waiting for them. She has to be the cutest baby girl ever! I am not allowed to post a picture of her but no worries when I can, I will. Congratulations Brooke and Eric, we are all very excited about her!

No comments: