Monday, June 16, 2008

The free box

This weekend was fairly uneventful, on Saturday I had a wedding cake to deliver. It was huge, 5 tiers each tier was 4 inches tall. The cake was yellow with Lemon curd, the decoration was by far the easiest I have ever done.
On Sunday I took all the stuff I was getting rid of down to the free box in town. those of you who don't know what the free box is, it is a box that you can drop your stuff off at and you can take whatever is in the box. There is one in town and one in my apartment complex. It's kinda like a free garage sale. I don't usually go to the free box because I don't need other people's junk. But, yesterday I decided to take my stuff down there and was swarmed by a family. They were literally taking things out of my hands.
Last night was the start of the summer concerts in the Village. My friend/bartender is the fiddle player in the bluegrass band that was playing. It was such a nice a day that I had to go out for awhile.
Here is a couple of pictures of my cake from this last weekend.


4 comments:

Chris Schlarbaum said...

Pretty cake and neat view. Maybe you will get to deliver a cake to Timberline sometime. But then there wouldn't be a gondola rides to get there.

Jack G. said...

Beautiful cake and you look so professional! The free box sounds like a cool idea and you got to bless some people with stuff you didn't want (or need).

Mel G. said...

You know what? I'm just so darn proud of you!!!

Anonymous said...

gtinThe cake is gorgeous!!! But Mandy, you look awesome!

Your trip back to the Northwest sounds like fun~~

Auntie Carolyn