Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Who blows 2 tires in 3 months????

The answer is me! So, yesterday after a lovely day in Montrose, I was driving back and got about 3 miles from my house when I saw some elk on the hill. I slowed down to see if the elk were on the side of the road which they were not I looked back at the road and saw this ginormous rock in the road about to be run over by me! I had 3 3 options, 1. to swerve into oncoming traffic, 2. drive off the side of the mountain, and 3. drive over the rock. I know tough decisions! so I chose drive over the rock. About 30 seconds later I had pulled over to the side of the road with a blown out tire! When it snows 4 days out of the week there really isn't much of a shoulder. So there I was stuck on the side of the mountain with a flat. Now, I can change a flat (I am not that girl) but I was on a slant and it was getting dark and very cold. So, I called AAA and they sent some one out to get me. Meanwhile 2 cops stopped by one left and the other stayed behind me with his flashing lights so no one hit me.
The tow truck finally came after like 45 mins or so and changed out my tire for me.
Before he started he asked if I had pulled the E brake and I said yeah. He told me to go wait in the cab of his truck and stay warm. While I was watching him I saw my car start rolling back down the mountain. He ran to the other side and I guess pulled the E brake! When he got into the cab I asked if I had forgotten to pull the E brake and he said well not all the way.
Eventually I made my way back home. This morning I went to Telluride tire and got it replaced. My coworkers husband works there and he gave me a used tire and only charged me $30. The highlight to that trip was I found a pair of Oakley sunglasses on the ground! Score!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Mandy, what are we going to do with you! I love reading your stories, even though I am sure they aren't this funny while they are happening. Good thing you found the oakley's!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of Murphy. He is SO cute!!