Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Snowboarder girl a go go...

So, I went Snowboarding again, man do I not like this sport! Snowboard instructor Derek says it will click with me and that no one likes learning how to snowboard. He helped me most of the day and then I fell. I fell really hard on one side of my body and felt like my chest shifted to the left. That was when I made the rule no crying on the mountain, just like there is no crying in the bakeshop and there's no crying in baseball! So, I was kinda mad and couldn't get it so I took a break and ended up going home. He said I wasn't a quitter....and that if I had gone down the mountain again it would have only gotten worse. So, yesterday and today...I am very aware of how heavy my head is! No worries...I am fine and will probably go out again. The good news is that I am getting better at getting off the lift...I still fall just not where I can get hit by the chairs.

2 comments:

Living the Life.... said...

Be happy for the small things! Keep up the good work! Kudos for not crying after the fall, I don't think I could have kept it together!

Anonymous said...

I probably would have cried! That's why I don't do activities like that!