Monday, January 7, 2008

God Bless the Chickpea!

You should all be happy to know that I am back on my hummus kick! Well, I don't know why you should be happy about that....but I sure am!
So, this morning was the first time I have ever had to dig my car out of snow. There was roughly 3 feet of snow! It has pretty much been snowing non stop since Saturday morning. Tomorrow it's suppose to clear up and then Wednesday it will start again!
I learned today that a small terracotta shaped cat that is wet, will in fact hydrate a bag of dried up brown sugar. I am going to go out on a limb here and say that you could probably do it with anything terracotta. It doesn't have to be shaped as a cat. When i first started working at Telluride Truffle I was cleaning off a shelf and in the back I found a Rubbermaid of sorts with a small terracotta cat inside and that's all. So, I went into my bosses office and asked if there was a reason for a cat figurine to be in a Rubbermaid. She said that there was probably brown sugar in there at one point. I didn't think it would work and I thought it was strange that they didn't remove the cat from Rubbermaid when the brown sugar was gone! But who am I to judge?

2 comments:

Hannah said...

We miss you a lot. Wish we were there to play in the snow... although I bet you aren't doing much playing these days. How does the Mr. Murphy like the three feet of snow?

Anonymous said...

From the words of A.A. Milne, "Get out of my chair dillhole!"

You know who this is! :)