Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Turkey lurkey!

So, this weekend was the beginning of spring break for me at Bon Appetite. Even though I will probably work about 10 hours for them I still had a ton of time on my hands. I decided to finally cook up the turkey I got for Thanksgiving and make a bunch of food to freeze so that maybe Tori and I would stop eating out. I have made in the last 2 days Turkey pot pie, Mac and cheese, turkey tetrazzini, and lasagna. today I am suppose to make Shepard's pie, banana bread and turkey soup. This should give Tori and I like 40 meals! I am only making banana bread so that we use the frozen bananas.
It has been nice having a break but I am a little concerned that it will be hard to get back in the swing of work. I basically had Friday thru Monday off (I did work about 3-4 hours on Saturday), when I went into Starbucks on Monday morning all my regulars asked if I still worked there. I went in to Bon Appetite today and will go in on Friday just to bake off some pastries. It's been pretty fun to sleep in!

No comments: