Friday, March 13, 2009

Hey Mama!

This Morning at Starbucks T-Mobile girl (who I like to call Shaniqua Bonita) came in and ordered her ridiculous drink, which is a Venti 5 pump Sugar free Caramel, 5 pump sugar free vanilla, Breve, 5 splenda with whipped cream Americano. I don't like this woman because she tries to get her syrups and breve for free which makes her drink about $1 cheaper ,and she calls me "honey" or "Sweetie". She hates me, because I have made it my personal life at Starbucks mission to make sure she pays for her syrup and breve. Today she came in and asked for her drink and then told me she was short on cash and would add her own breve at the condiment bar. She then walks down to the hand off station where she starts yelling "hey, Mama!" "Mama!" as she is yelling this I realize she is yelling at me. So, being me, I just ignore her because my name is not "mama". Finally she goes "hey you!" and I look over to her and say "oh, were you talking to me? I am sorry, I figured you were talking to someone else because my name is not mama and being that I am not a Mama, I don't respond to that!" Really? who calls the Starbucks barista or anyone other then there Mama, that???

When I got to Bon Appetite, they had this nice college age Chinese girl come in to the bakery, because she wanted to use the mixer. I showed her how to use it and then she looked at me and asked "how much water do I need? and I asked what she was making and she said "dumplings". I asked what was in the dumplings and she told me flour and water. So, I tell her I am not sure but to just add water till the dough is the right consistency. So, she is adding water and looks over at me and says "is this OK?" and I ask what kind of dumplings are you making and she says "Chinese dumpling"...do I look Chinese? She had also called in her friend Ben for help, he was the Chinese club president and not Chinese. He then looks at the dough and then at me and says "um, the doughs kind of dry?" All I wanted to say to these people was....it is not my project and I am not Chinese!

1 comment:

Mel G. said...

We can tell you've had time off, 2 posts!!
Perhaps you should look in the mirror. Apparently some folks think you look like a Chinese Mama! I want to know why the President of the Chinese Club is not Chinese???