Monday, February 25, 2008

And the Oscar goes to.....

I watched the Oscars last night...the whole thing! My favorite parts are the flash backs and the who has dies over the last year part. It always makes me a little misty. I like to imagine what it would be like if I won an Oscar. I think it would go a little something like this...
George Clooney would be reading the nominees for Best Actress in a Leading Role. When he gets to my name I would be in the little gold box smiling and clapping. Then he would say "and the Oscar goes to....Amanda Schlarbaum!" The box would then become full screen and my eyes would be huge and my mouth would drop open, I would mouth something like No Way or Shut Up! I would stand up and give Brad and Angelina a huge hug (they were there to bring awareness to some cause) I would then turn to my date (who's hot like fire and looks great in tux) and hug and kiss him. I am wearing a stunning Vera Wang and my hair is pulled up into a ponytail of sorts and as I walk out to the isle Johnny Depp stands and pats my shoulder as I walk by. I get a congratulations from one of the other excellent nominees from my category. As I get to the front row I see Jack Nicholson who gives me 2 thumbs up....I am imagining that under those dark sunglasses he is winking as well. I get to the stairs and hold up the bottom of my dress so I don't trip. It's your first time at the Oscars, you don't want to trip up the stairs! I get to the podium and George hugs and kisses me (George and I go back, we worked on the film together) and hands me the Oscar. I look at the Oscar and say Are you sure I won? I mean it was just an honor to be nominated, to be put in a category with all of these amazing actors was a dream come true. I didn't think i would win....I am sorry i didn't prepare a speech. Wow, he's a lot heavier then I thought! I would like to thank my family ad friends for all there love and support over the years...um, I would also like to thank the Academy, the cast and crew without them non of this would have happened. To get to work with George Clooney was amazing....he is very much a jokster on the set! (by this time I would be crying and shaking) Thank you all so much, someone pinch me...I've got to be dreaming, George then comes over and pinches my shoulder, the crowd starts laughing. Then the music starts playing and I say thank you again....I love you all! I exit the stage Oscar in hand and on George's arm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't watch the Oscars but if you were nominated I would watch the whole thing, just to see you!
Dee