Friday, August 3, 2007

Wedding cakes and Bob Dylan!

Nothing to exciting has gone on since I last blogged. I got to go to the Bob Dylan concert. I wasn't sure how that was going to go. The only time I have ever listened to Bob Dylan was when I was working at Starbucks and even then I would change the music to Bob Marley or something else a little more fun and up beat! But We got to the concert set up our tent and were so busy that we sold out of most of our stuff before Bob even hit the stage! The concert was pretty fun...he puts on a good show!
Yesterday I took the day off to get my Driver's license change from Oregon to Colorado. I guess in Colorado in order to sign a lease you have to have a Colorado license. I was a little sad to give up the Oregon one. Everytime I would go to a new bar or anywhere they check I.D's the bouncers would always question the Oregon license because they look fake! When I got there I was told that because I was from Oregon I had to have my birth certifacate or a passport to change the license. Luckily I have both here with me in Colorado....Sadly I didn't have either with me yesterday in Montrose where I was doing all this.
I am pretty excited for next week, my Dad and Uncle Bob are coming out to visit and bring me furniture! I have been sitting in a camping chair for the last 2 months! I am excited for the couch and recliner they are bringing. I am not sure what we are going to do while they are here. Most of the activities out here in the summer are more for the extreme sports guys...rock climbing, mountain biking....so I thought maybe we would go for some hikes and I woudl check out how much it costs to go white water rafting. They are driving so please if you could keep them in your thoughts and prayers as they drive out here on Tuesday.
While I was in Montrose I got my pictures back of the 3 wedding cakes I have done this summer. So, here are the pictures of those.


5 comments:

Amy said...

Mandy - Those wedding cakes are absolutely beautiful! I love the one with the mountains and trees. I'm glad to hear you are enjoying CO!

Hannah said...

Wow... that blue one is a lot better than I thought it would be (well, not that I don't think you make a mean cake, I was just a little worried about a bright blue wedding cake). Maybe you should just just replicate that for Dorsey's wedding... I'm sure she wouldn't mind. =)

Anonymous said...

Manda...Those wedding cakes are absolutely beautiful...If I ever get married again...I want you to make the cake...j/k...I think I'll keep Steve around :) but maybe we should just have a great big beautiful cake just because :) I'm so glad things are going well for you in Colorado!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mands, Emmett says hi right now. He wants a piece of cake too. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hannah's in trouble for that comment...although the cake does look great..perhaps in non-blue colors though :)