Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Dad and Uncle Bob

I got off work early today and thought I would drive out to Starbucks....I haven't been there in 2 weeks! Since Dad and Uncle Bob came out to visit I wasn't able to make the trip to Montrose. Although I was really excited to get the furniture they brought, it makes my apartment a lot more cozy! When they got here they were joking around saying that they had no problems breathing....but they weren't saying that when they got to my apartment. We had to take a few breaks when unloading the truck but we did get the whole truck unloaded! I was pretty shocked....it took me like 3 days to unload my car when I got here. Even though I had to work while they were here we all had a good time. We went out to dinner a few nights and one day we went Mountain biking. The mountain biking trail was a little steep in some spots but it was pretty fun. I was a little nervous because if I break my arm I am out of a job! But I didn't fall off my bike!
Dad was really impressed with the Gondola....Uncle Bob was a little nervous at first but I think he liked it.
I had one wedding cake this weekend...we had some major fondant problems and in the end it looked OK from a distant....up close it was a mess! But my boss tells me that they loved it! I can't imagine how....but oh well!
We also went to Mesa Verde...it was interesting but really hot! Our tour guide was nice but her story telling got a little annoying. I just wanted to hear about the Indians...I didn't need her trying to reenact it. They also don't tell you that once you get to Mesa Verde that you still have like another hour drive to get to the visitor center and then another half hour to the site. So, it was a lot of driving but we got some good pictures!
Work is fine, I am done with wedding cakes for the summer. I am kinda glad about that, after the last wedding cake I was kinda done! I still have Dorsey's wedding cake but that is in Oregon....and if I use fondant I am buying it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Miss you

Anonymous said...

That was actually Hannah N. posting! I forgot that I have to specify.