Sunday, July 6, 2008

More cakes!

This weekend we had 2 different wedding cakes for 2 different weddings. One was way up on the mountain and had a spectacular view. The other was in town at the opera house. The second wedding was for Hollywood producers Bruce Cohen and Gabe Cotone, it was fun looking at the name cards because there were a few celebrities there. Hillary Swank, Chad Lowe, Kathy Najimi, Marissa Tomei, Judith Light and Zoe Kravitz were the names I knew. There were other names that I recognized but did know who they were. So I thought it was kinda fun that Hillary Swank would see my cake, She's pretty skinny so I don't know if she eats cake or eats at all for that matter. The first cake is the Mountain cake that I do so often and the second cake was covered in marzipan and had cherries on it. I thought they both turned out nicely!




Aside from the cakes I have been pretty busy with getting everything ready for my move. Murphy I think is getting nervous that I am leaving him behind, from all the furniture that was taken out of the apartment. We leave in 5 days!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look both pretty and delicious! Too bad you couldn't set the cake up while all those movie stars were there. See you SOON!!!

Anonymous said...

You are so talented Manda! Your cakes are beautiful as usual! How exciting to think that those stars will be eating your cake! Or at least looking at it for those that never eat! ;)

Nicole B. said...

My goodness Mands...your talent blows my mind..."ace of cakes" should look you up =) Your cakes look more tasty anyways.