Monday, June 25, 2007

The world is my Oyster.....

So, Sandra says when we were discussing my day off tomorrow. I think I may clean my apartment and wander through town.
Today I spent my day at Starbucks and Walmart.....and man do I love some Walmart! As I was checking out today I happen to choose the wrong line and ended up behind a woman who was shopping for an army. Seriously she was buying large bags of pinto beans!! Why would you need that many pinto beans? Also she was buying several loaves of bread and a couple gallons of milk not to mention everything in the grocery area at Walmart. Then the craziest part was she put up on the counter a 6 pack of toilet paper?? I thought is that really enough toilet paper for your army?? Really?
Also while standing in line another lady came up to me and put me in charge of what I like to call "line bouncing". This is where I have to tell every customer that this line is closed and they will have to go somewhere else only for them to glare at me. After I left Walmart I went to and antique store where I realized I was not given the cash back I request and had to go back to Walmart! Oh how I love Walmart!
When I got home I decided that I would attempt going to the bar...now I have tried this before....It was very unsuccessful! So today I jumped on the gondola and headed to town. Only to walk past the bar. It is hard to walk into a bar where you don't know anybody. I am used to walking in and knowing everyone. So maybe tomorrow when I am wandering town I will make it into one! Cross your fingers folks!
This last week at work was pretty uneventful.....just making truffles! Here is a slide show of my kitchen (at work), truffles and a view from the gondola! Enjoy!
Oh and Congratulations to Hannah and Merrick who had a baby on Friday, Grace Marie Brownlee, 5lbs 13oz, 18 inches long! Check her out on Hannah's blog....she is gorgeous!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always pick the slowest line at Wal-Mart! Sounds like you are having fun taking adventures around your new area!

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I could handle the trip in the gondola--that looked too high. But the truffles look really good!