Friday, June 8, 2007

So I moved to Colorado!



Well, after graduating in March I finally landed a job in Telluride Colorado. My job title is Chef/Chocolatier....pretty fancy huh?? I left Hyde Park and drove down to Memphis Tennessee to visit my Sister and her family. Although I had a great time visiting it was nice to take off towards Colorado to start my new life! The drive to Colorado was pretty uneventful except for a huge hail storm in Texas! That was exciting...also I drove past the largest cross in the western hemisphere. I thought about stopping mainly to see the gift shop, I can't imagine what they sell there. After a day and a half of driving I finally came into Telluride! Turns out that the elevation here is killer! The first couple of days i couldn't breathe and living on the 4th floor (no elevators) didn't help.
This place is definitely one of the most beautiful places I have ever lived an
d one of the weirdest. I say this because there are no chain restaurants, grocery stores, fast food, nothing! The closest Walmart is about an hour away! Not to mention the closest Starbucks! I am sure I will become very familiar with the road to Starbucks!
I started my job this last Thursday and turns out I am pretty darn good at it. I mean I don't want to brag but I'm pretty amazing! Well that and it's not too hard! After my first day my boss told me that I am catching on to it pretty quick. So hopefully I won't feel like
the new girl too long.
My apartment is pretty small but the highlight I think is the forest green carpet. When I saw the forest green carpet I thought man this place is fancy. My apartment is located right next to the free Gondola ride that takes you right into town and in the winter it's ski in ski out. So if I ever learn how to ski that will be great! Everywhere I go I see elk! I am hoping to catch one and keep it as a pet. I think I will name it Ellie and tie a pink bow on it's ear! Think of the fun!

I haven't met anybody yet but I figure give me time....I will find some friends! I miss everyone back in NY...especially all those crazy Starbucks kids! As much as I hated that job at the end, I really do miss it!
I am hoping to keep up on this here blog...so stay tuned to see if I stay a loser in Telluride!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I love your blog, please keep it up!

Living the Life.... said...

You are going to have so much fun. What a great place to land a job!!! I hope you keep up on the blog, I know I'll read it!!