Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I love Rubbermaid!


It's been over a week now that I have been in Telluride, and I am happy to say that today I finally unpacked! Well, unpacked as much as I could. It's hard to unpack when you have no furniture to unpack into. The guy that lived here before left behind a desk and a bed. He does know my boss so I wasn't so grossed out over the bed. The first day I was here I went Walmart and bought a camping chair. So, in the picture you will see a chair and a light colored Rubbermaid where I keep the remote and my phone and
other random stuff. The great thing about the camping chair is not only is it usable outside and inside, but it also comes with a cup holder! Does your couch? There is also another darker Rubbermaid that you can't quite see in the picture but it is in front of my chair so I have somewhere to put my feet. I think the Rubbermaid's complement my green carpet nicely! I also have a fold up chair in front of the window where I usually talk on my cell phone when I am loosing reception. I do live a pretty glamorous life!

The other pictures are of the other side of the room where the TV is and all my DVDs. I also finally put away all my clothes in my bedroom. The green yard bag in the corner is my laundry bag. I put up pictures of my family over the TV so that my walls didn't look so sad....that and I miss them.
Work is going well, my boss still loves me! I tempered milk chocolate on the first try the other day. If you have ever tempered chocolate you would know just how exciting that is.
I also found out this week that I am going to be coming home to Oregon in late September. My friend Dorsey is getting married and I am going to making her wedding cake. I am very excited about this and hope that I can be there for a week so that I can see everyone.
I still have yet to meet people outside of work but I am sure one day I will work up the nerve to walk into the bar or coffee shop by myself and actually talk to people.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good Mandy. I'm jealous of your glamorous life! I miss you a lot and Emmett says hi.

Brooke said...

Cute place. I love all the pictures! Who are those adorable little boys??? :)

Shara said...

Hey - you have a season of Baywatch! I'm jealous :) You'll have to let me know when you're going to be in P-town and I'll come over to visit!

mjk said...

for hannah:
www.i-am-bored.com

:)