Saturday, November 10, 2007

I am now a snowboarder!

So, yesterday was the Ski Swap. I volunteered for the evening and in the middle of the evening we got to go shopping for an hour or so. Then they stationed me in the Ski and Snowboard area where my job was to take tags off of the equipment. My friend Eric from work volunteered also so he helped pick out a snowboard for me. I got everything for such a good deal. I got a snowboard, Boots, Bindings, gloves, a jacket, long underwear, and a helmet for around $400. The snowboard we thought was brand new but now that I look closer it has been used but not a lot. It's not the cutest board ever but I can always cover it with stickers or paint it, at least that's what one guy told me.
Work at Cosmo's is going well. We had sort of a bread fiasco last weekend. Turns out that not only did I under proof my Ciabatta I also baked it at too low of a temp. It was pretty white! But no worries...I have mastered the Ciabatta since then.
I still have no Internet...I am at the library using theirs. I found out that I was Hijacking my other neighbors (the not so creepy one)Internet. I guess it wasn't working for him so he turned it off. I would agree that it was pretty bad Internet, I mean it worked well enough for me but I wasn't paying for it!
Here are some pictures of my new Snowboard!


2 comments:

Living the Life.... said...

what a great deal

Anonymous said...

Hey Mandy! I love deals like that! Brent is impressed that you are now a snowboarder. So is Emmett.