Sunday, February 20, 2011

Bob's Red Mill

So, I had found a job posting on Craigslist for a baking position at Bob's Red Mill. I decided on my day off to go down there and apply. I don't often apply for jobs because my schedule was so perfect and I don't care for change. I went down and applied and while I was applying this man came over to me and introduced himself, It was Bob of Bob's Red Mill! I was pretty certain that Bob was either dead or a made up character of sorts. He ended up getting one of the store managers over to meet me and have a small interview with me. Turns out this manager Lori went to George Fox and was friends with one of my chefs from CIA. Crazy! Later that day the kitchen manager called me in for an interview. I then found out that one of the other bakers just happens to be Bruce Bishop, he was one of the leaders at my summer camp that I grew up going to. By the end of the next week I was offered the job! So, now I am the 5Th baker at Bob's, we bake all the breads, cookies, pastries, biscuits and such for the store. It's a pretty fun relaxing job. I seriously am never stressed out there!

I did however have to quit one of my other jobs because 3 jobs would be too much! So, Bon Appetite wanted me to stay and continue dinner desserts, so I figured out a new schedule there and quit Starbucks. I was pretty sad to leave, but I think it was a good choice! Come by and see me sometime my days off are Sunday and Wednesday!

No comments: